During the monsoon season there is a higher chance of pets suffering from some common diseases. Being a dog owner you need to monitor your dog’s health at home especially during rainy days. During this time there is high moisture content in the atmosphere which can lead to some serious or common illnesses in dogs.
Diarrhea is quite common during this time of year and it happens due to undigested food in their intestine. Prolong undigested food results in loose motion and can lead to serious dehydration and kidney issues.
- Loose motion.
- Weight loss.
- Loss of appetite.
- Stomach pain.
How to prevent diarrhea in dogs
- Maintain the gut flora of its digestive tract.
- Give your dog some plain yogurt.
- Make sure the dog has access to plenty of clean water.
Fleas & Ticks
Fleas and ticks can easily attack pets during the rainy days. These insects can make your dog very sick. In some cases they can be fatal. Ticks suck blood and make your dog’s skin to itch. This can lead to severe skin rashes and fever.
How to prevent ticks and flea infestation on your pet dog?
- Perform regular grooming.
- Use vet approved dog flea shampoo.
- Rub coconut oil on your dog’s skin.
- Avoid taking them to tick infested areas.
If your dog is suffering from cold during the rainy days, the chances of him contracting a bacterial, viral or fungal infection such as Pneumonia is high.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Runny nose
- Cough and weakness.
How to avoid respiratory discomfort?
- Try to keep your dog dry during the rainy season.
- Avoid taking them to moisture rich areas.
- If you give them a bath, don’t forget to blow dry them properly.